Flagler Youth Orchestra
The Flagler Youth Orchestra (FYO) is a special project of Flagler Schools. Over the years, this program has grown from a couple dozen students to a membership of more than 375 students each year. The FYO serves the unique needs of our community by providing fundamental instruction on violin, viola, cello and bass, orchestral performance opportunities at all skill levels, and instrument scholarships for those in need.
Enrollment at Flagler Youth Orchestra is free for any Flagler County resident, and we welcome students of all skill levels, including beginners. All that before mentioning the inclusive, encouraging, and safe learning environment our staff and volunteers provide.
In a nutshell, we are all about giving children the gift of music, one gift we believe they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.
Our hope for the future is simply to grow and sustain this program, producing real players of their instruments, and to this end we need your help. There are many ways you can support the Flagler Youth Orchestra. Further details on how to support FYO to come.
Enrollment is closed at this time.
- My child has never played before. Can my child join?
- My child already knows how to play a string instrument. Which orchestra will they be in?
- Where are classes held?
- What days of the week are classes held?
- Is there a fee to enroll in the program?
- Who can join the strings program?
- Does the program provide instruments?
- Where can I buy or rent an instrument for my child?
- How do I know what kind of instrument to get for my child?
- My child will be returning this year. Do I need to fill out another enrollment form?