The Five-Year Athletic Coaching certificate must be renewed every five years by submitting an application and fee to the Department of Education.
When requirements are complete, contact the Flagler Schools Certification Specialist to submit a copy of your certificate of completion for each requirement. An application must be submitted online with a $75.00 payment and verification of completion of the above-mentioned course. To apply for a Five-Year Certificate online, please visit the Florida Department of Education's Online Licensing Service page.
ASEP Online Courses
To sign up for ASEP courses, please visit the Human Kinetics Coach Education Center
website. To satisfy the requirements for certification, you must select from the following course titles:
- Sport First Aid: Three semester hours in the care and prevention of athletic injuries and the dangers of drug use, including performance-enhancing drugs
- Coaching Principles: Three semester hours in coaching theory
- Theory and Practice of Coaching a Specific Sport: Three semester hours (choose one)
- Coaching Baseball Technical and Tactical Skills or
- Coaching Basketball Technical and Tactical Skills or
- Coaching Football Technical and Tactical Skills
- Coaching Cheerleading Principles
- Coaching Golf Principles
- Coaching Soccer Principles
- Coaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills
- Coaching Strength and Conditioning Principles
- Coaching Swimming Principles
- Coaching Tennis Technical and Tactical Skills
- Coaching Track and Field Principles
- Coaching Volleyball Principles
- Coaching Wrestling Principles
It is not necessary to complete a sport-specific course matching your assignment. Any sport-specific course will satisfy the requirement. After selecting a course, be sure the menu indicates the organization requiring the course is “North East Florida Educational Consortium" (NEFEC). Upon completion of each course, a certificate of completion can be downloaded and printed.
For questions about ASEP courses, please contact ASEP Customer Service at 800-747-5698 x2980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Technical support is available from 7:00 am CST–5:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday.