The Florida Statutes as well Flagler Schools Policy require that certain tests be administered to specific students each year. In general, all are mandated by statutes or administrative rules passed by the Florida Legislature or the Florida Board of Education. For more information, the comprehensive listings and descriptions found in the Uniform Assessment Calendar may be useful.
The Testing Policies page provides important information for families to review prior to student testing. Home education students may find testing information on the Home Education and Private School Testing page. Please visit the Florida Department of Education's Assessments page for a full listing of K–12 and postsecondary state assessments.
- Which subject areas are assessed using either state-based or district-based tests?
- What is the purpose or usage of these assessments?
- How much time is spent by students to take these assessments?
- When are these assessments administered?
- Under what authority are these tests, assessments, or progress monitoring tools administered?
- When will student performance reports or scores be released for these assessments?