We are currently hiring School Bus Drivers and Attendants. This is an opportunity to earn extra income, find work/life balance, and support your community! Our employees make a difference in students' lives by safely and efficiently transporting them to and from their schools and special events.
If you are interested in joining the Flagler Schools Transportation team, please visit the Apply For a Job page to learn how to apply online. No previous experience is needed, we will train qualified applicants. Please contact the Flagler Schools Transportation Department at 386-586-2145 with any questions about transportation employment opportunities.
- Competitive wages
- Flexible schedule
- Work part-time or full-time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plans with the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Paid holidays
- All school holidays off
- Summers off
- Paid classroom and "Behind the Wheel" training
- Free CDL Class "B" P&S endorsements
- Safe driver incentive for full-time drivers
- Opportunities for advancement
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver's License (minimum five years driving) or able to obtain out-of-state records
- 21 or older
- Drug screening (reimbursed after 90 days)
- Fingerprinting/background check
- Pass 40 hours of classroom and "Behind the Wheel" training
- Pass state CDL testing
- Obtain passenger and school bus endorsements by passing general knowledge, air brakes, passenger (P), school bus (S) tests at DMV
- Two references
- Pass physical exam
49 CFR 391.41 Driver Qualifications
By Federal Regulation: Specific medically disqualifying conditions found under 49 CFR 391.41 are hearing loss, vision loss, epilepsy, pacemakers, and insulin use. Drivers who require a diabetes or vision exemption to safely drive a CMV in addition to those pre-printed on the DOT medical certification form are disqualified until they receive such an exemption. Any DUI/DWI/reckless driving inference is automatically disqualified.
Flagler Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.