1/2 Cent for Flagler Schools
Thank You Flagler County!
In 2022, voters in Flagler County approved a renewal of the ½ Cent Sales Tax for Flagler Schools to fund technology, school safety, and educational facilities improvements to the next 10 years. These improvements help to keep our community safe, increase property values, and produce graduates the workforce and college ready.
This funding is vital to help prepare our students for the ever-changing world. We offer our sincere thanks to local residents and visitors for their part in ensuring a bright future for our single greatest resource—the children and young people of Flagler County. We couldn't do it without you!
½ Cent For Flagler Schools Citizens Oversight Committee
A ½ Cent Sales Tax Citizens Oversight Committee has been formed to provide the School Board and community information related to the utilization of the funds generated by the ½ Cent Sales Tax for Flagler Schools. This committee meets bi-annually, and is made up of residents of Flagler County. Visit the 1/2 Cent Oversight Committee page to learn more and apply for membership.
Building on the Commitment
- Smart Classrooms
- 3:1 Student to Device Ratio
- Installed Wireless Networking
- Online Gradebook
- Added Safety Measures
- 1:1 Student Device Ratio
- Learning Management System
- Innovative Learning Spaces
- Increased Safety and Security
- Improved Wireless Networking
- Upgraded Facilities and Athletic Fields
2023 and Beyond
- Enhance Safety and Security
- Get There 2030: Classroom to Careers
- Sustain Instructional Technology
- Smart, Collaborative Classrooms
- Improve Network Infrastructure
- Increase Efficiency
- Charter School Inclusion
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will the sales tax raise and how long will it be in effect?
- Who will pay the sales tax?
- How much will the sales tax cost Flagler County residents?
- Will continuing the sales tax for Flagler Schools increase my taxes?
- How can taxpayers be sure the sales tax will be spent as promised?