Home Education Testing
Participation in the state assessment program is optional for home education students. Home education students cannot participate in local assessments, including those purchased, administered through a vendor, or created by Flagler Schools.
Students must register with the Student Services Department before they can sit for any test administration. Student information will be collected as required by the testing platforms. This may include name, date of birth, address, grade-level, race or ethnicity, social security number, parent content information, immunization information, and exceptionality or accommodation information.
Home Education students who are also taking FLVS courses must register with the Student Services Department. The registration deadlines below apply. FLVS will not coordinate testing with home education students or Flagler Schools staff.
Home Education students must register for 2022–23 state assessments as outlined in the table below.
|Assessment||Assessment Season||Registration Deadline|
|Algebra I EOC
US History EOC
ELA (Grades 3–10)
|Spring Only||March 1|
|Fall Only||August 31|
- If testing accommodations are needed, a copy of the student's most recent IEP or 504 Plan is required. Flagler Schools cannot advocate for accommodations on the student's behalf.
- All state tests are administered at the student's home-zoned school. Tests are ordered, scheduled, and administered based on the information given by the parent/guardian to the Student Services Department during registration.
- The administering school will contact registered students with the details of the test administration, including the date, time, and location. On the day of testing, students must present a photo ID for admission into the school.
- Students cannot bring any materials with them. This includes: bookbags, writing utensils, computers, food, drinks, or books/papers. The only exceptions are student-required devices for accommodations (must be pre-approved) and student ID credentials.
- Parents are responsible for transportation. Failure to show may result in forfeiture of the opportunity to sit for the test. If the student cannot make the appointment, they should contact the school immediately.